What Is Prolix?
Prolix is a Windows text editor which features a clean, intuitive interface. It is an MDI (multiple document interface) style application, so it can open many files at once.
What Does It Cost?
For private, non-commercial use, Prolix is and always will be completely free. Use by government, religious, educational or business organizations requires the purchase of a license. A Prolix commercial license costs $15 per user (USD).
Download Prolix for 32-bit Windows
Version # – 3.2
Target OS – Windows 98SE, 2000, ME, NT, XP, Vista (32 & 64-bit), 7 (32 & 64-bit)
File Name – prolix32_v32.zip
File Size – 506 KB
Download Prolix for 16-bit Windows
Version # – 2.1
Target OS – Windows 3.x
File Name – prolix16_v21.zip
File Size – 253 KB
- Can read and write DOS/Windows, Unix and Macintosh format text files
- 64 kilobytes of undo and redo buffer in discrete steps
- Printer control of margins, headers and footers
- Split window mode to allows two views of the same file
- Multiple international date/time stamp formats
- Search and Replace text saved between sessions
- Highly configurable program control
- Separate selectable screen and printer fonts
- User selectable program colors
- Can open multiple files up to 16 megabytes in size
- User definable start-up screen size and position
- Uses standard INI file for configuration information
- Doesn’t modify your Windows configuration files